In order to mobilise involvement and contribution from all sectors, in addition to the high level conference in Brussels organised by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Environment, a series of events organised by partner organisations from across Europe will also be part of the programme.
What is a Partner Event?
An EU Green Week Partner Event is an event taking place in the month leading up to the actual Week so from 21 April until 10 June 2018, where the topic is based on the EU Green Week 2018 theme, which is 'Green Cities for a greener future'. Partner Events can be organised as new initiatives or as part of already planned events.
All kinds of events are welcome, from workshops and public discussions to awareness-raising events for families. Activities can take place at all levels (local, regional, national or European level). Listed below are most typical examples, although other types of events can also be considered:
- Information, education or awareness-raising events;
- Open Doors Days, Info Days;
- Guided tours and visits;
- Seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Training and networking events;
- Exhibitions and fairs, festivals;
- Online events, such as webinars.
The Partner Events will be selected from eligible applications that need to be submitted before the deadline, which is 28 February 2018 and must be relevant to the theme.
When should Partner Events take place?
Events should be held from 21 April until 10 June 2018. Any events that will take place at the same time as Green Week, i.e. from Monday 21 May to Friday 25 May, are particularly welcome and could be further highlighted if they are particularly relevant.
Partner Events taking place during EU Green Week
If your event takes places during EU Green Week 21 to 25 May, then it may be selected and given more visibility by being more visibly highlighted on the EU Green Week website and in social media.
Who can be involved?
Any organisation can take part, such as municipal authorities, authorities in charge of the environment, businesses, associations, private companies, NGOs, research institutes, universities and technical colleges, media, groups of citizens, stakeholders in other sectors (transport, water, air quality, tourism, education, agriculture, sustainable businesses), and so on.
What is the added value to your organisation?
- If selected, your event will be listed on the EU Green Week 2018 website. A small number of the most relevant events will be promoted on social media.
- You will be authorised to claim your event as officially part of EU Green Week 2018 and to use the official Green Week branding (with the help of a specific toolkit which will be provided).
- You will be provided with Green Week promotional materials, if relevant to your event.
- Certain specific Green Week Partner Events that take place during the actual Green Week dates, and that fit the theme particularly well, will be more visibly featured online in the Green Week programme and will be highlighted through the Green Week social media channels.
Taking part in EU Green Week is a great way to show how your organisation is playing an active role in Europe's transition to a greener future. Why not join this EU-wide movement?
How to register your Partner Event
Please fill in the Partner Event registration form and submit it online for approval by the Green Week Secretariat. If your application is approved, you will receive confirmation and your event will then be published on the Green Week website. You will need to agree to using the Green Week visual identity and provide relevant items such as a programme, a website link, photos (if possible before but more especially after the event) and so on. You may submit more than one Partner Event application.
Conditions of participation
Successful applicants for Partner Events will be informed by 17 March 2018. A specific Partner Associate Agreement will be counter-signed by the European Commission and the event partners. Each Partner Event must agree to use the Green Week visual identity for 2018, incorporating the Green Week design into their branding and website.
Partner Events are encouraged to use environment-friendly materials for their event, in accordance with the EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) http://ec.europa.eu/environment/emas/
For more detailed information, please consult the Green Week partner events guidelines here.